Contact Information

Please feel free to comment at the end of a blog entry or contact us by e-mail:
elizabethwalker_56@hotmail.com

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Beautiful Sail to St. Thomas


Early setting moon

Approaching Vieques before coming about
Sunset from anchorage in Honeymoon Bay

Honeymoon Bay on Water Island



6/5/12

Up at 4:00 am moon still full and bright, pulled up the full main under a light breeze and headed out a little after 5:00am.  Beautiful morning once out of the lee of the island pulled out the jib and shut-off the engine and tacked towards Vieques such perfect sailing weather today, winds out of the east 12-17 kts.  Just before we came about Stan caught a cero mackerel so finally fresh fish again for dinner tonight.  We came about for a single long tack to St. Thomas, had to furl in the jib some as the wind came up a little strong.   Drop anchor in Honeymoon Bay around 12:30 or so, what a great sail we had today, Stan hooked in to a monster fish just before St. Thomas but we lost it, sure wished we knew what we had on the line. Seems like a good anchorage and there are high winds expected the next couple of days so we will probably stay here for a while.  Noticed Cheetah II and More Mischief anchored here, last we saw them was in Boqueron, PR. 

6/6/12

Put the engine on dinghy and went to visit with Mike and Hilda on More Mischief to get the skinny on dinghy dock, transportation and all those other cruiser need to know stuff including the best place for wifi/cold beer/food.  We have no wifi where we are I guess wifi is the last thing most people should be thinking about at a place called Honeymoon Bay. So we ventured off to Crown Point Marina to get familiar with the area, on the way in our outboard acted up again, we visited with the local mechanic who indicated that we need a new prop.  So I guess we are going to be here long enough to get a prop shipped in.

6/7/12

Today is my 56th b-day and spent the morning reading after taking a long shower (normally not allowed), I thought I was getting prickly heat which I have had once before many years ago but I visited the pharmacist and he thinks it is an allergic reaction, the only thing I did different was use a new spf 45 the day before so maybe its that but either way it is uncomfortable. Not sure about the banana thing but I have always believed bad things come in 3's, ear infection, mallet finger, and rash so that is it for me, life should get back to normal.
Stan and I are at a mexican restaurant called the Looney Bin that has great wifi, not sure when I will update again so be patient, it is amazing how when you get to a largely populated island that free wifi is harder to obtain, go figure. Take care and stay tuned
Elizabeth

The Big Boys travel by our anchorage on occasion.

Water tanks and desalination for St. Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment